Bananas are one of the world’s most popular fruits. Wait until you hear why people are turning it into tea.
The way it works is…you boil the banana (peeled or unpeeled) and then you drink the remaining liquid. Be advised that if you do it with the peel, making the tea takes longer.
(An alternative is to wash and rinse the banana, peel it, and then boil the banana and removed peel together.)
Boiled banana water is all the rage right now. It seems to help with everything from insomnia to improving heart health.
Here are just a few of the benefits of drinking Banana Tea at night before bed…
- Relieve Stress – Bananas are high in both magnesium and potassium. Both are heart healthy minerals.
- Improve Digestion – Since bananas are high in potassium and magnesium, they regulate fluid retention. That means you’ll be less likely to be bloated at night after eating dinner.
- Low In Sugar – which means you can give it to restless children without fearing you’ll be revving them up again. Also, if you’re on a diet, this tea won’t cause you to derail your goals.
- Good for your Heart – This is a fruit high in heart healthy antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. If you drink it regularly, you’ll be guarding against stroke, heart disease, and heart attack.
- Better Sleep – Magnesium is Called The Master Antioxidant for good reason. Not only does it control over 300 chemical processes in your body, but it regulates your sleep cycle, too. People who have low magnesium frequently report having insomnia. You can heal that with this, little tea.
- Lessen Depression – Serotonin and dopamine are in banana tea. Both help to improve the mood and even out hormone levels.
- Lower Blood Pressure – Most of us know if we consume too much sodium and not enough potassium, that’s the perfect recipe for high blood pressure. To fix that, you’ve got to increase potassium while eating fewer salty foods. You can easily start to lower your blood pressure drinking banana tea at night.
And this list goes on and on.
Women with difficult menstrual cycles will love it because it’s high in b vitamins and other minerals women of childbearing age need.
Anyone with a lowered immune system will appreciate it. High in vitamins A and C will help you get over colds faster and easier. You might not even get sick at all!
Banana tea can also help improve your eyesight. Again, Vitamins A comes to the rescue, helping slow down aging in your eyes, helping you see well for more years.
And finally…banana tea might help with weight loss. Since it’s high in certain vitamins and minerals, people drinking it find that they’re not as hungry.
So, it can help even with mid-day and late-night munchies if you struggle with feeling snacking at inopportune times.
Have You Tried Banana Tea, Yet?
You know…new fads come out all the time, and usually what people do is they go overboard.
I haven’t tried this one yet, but I can see how to incorporate it into my overall routine.
When I’m having trouble sleeping, now I can keep bananas on hand.
Instead of resorting to using a bottled supplement, I can get closer to whole food.
I can’t wait to try this one!
Here’s the recipe…
Banana Tea Recipe
- 1 banana organic. (Feel free to throw the peel in the water, too.)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp honey
- Put the water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Slice off the ends of the banana and put it into the boiling water. You can choose to peel the banana if you prefer. However, the peel has many nutrients, so it’s fine to boil the peel and banana, together.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Place a mesh strainer above your favorite cup and pour the content. You can set the boiled banana aside to use for healthy porridge or chia puddings.
- Add honey to taste. It is a wonderfully relaxing drink to have anytime and especially before bed.
Have you ever tried Banana Tea? Let me know how much you love this for yourself or your family!